C++ Logo

std-discussion

Re: Regarding P2492 Attending C++ Standards Committee Meetings During a Pandemic

From: Ville Voutilainen <ville.voutilainen_at_[hidden]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2022 17:37:26 +0200
On Wed, 12 Jan 2022 at 17:22, René Ferdinand Rivera Morell via
Std-Discussion <std-discussion_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> In P2492 I explain my experience with WG21 participation during the forced remote/electronic participation during the ongoing pandemic. And I express the hope that remote participation remains post the pandemic. As I am but one "fringe" programmer expressing this sentiment, I thought I would share a supporting perspective. Yesterday ACM posted the latest ByteCast episode interviewing David Hansson <https://learning.acm.org/bytecast/ep23-david-heinemeier-hansson>. I recommend people listen to, or read the transcript of, the episode for a more general perspective on remote work participation.

I think your paper has good points in it, sure. I'm strongly in favor
of continuing having online meetings even if f2f meetings
resume, and we do need to take hybrid attendance into consideration
for f2f meetings. How we'll manage to do that remains to be seen, but
rest
assured that the points that you make will not be forgotten or lost.