C++ Logo

std-discussion

Re: Fw: The unnecessary confusion of the C++23 proposal P0847R6

From: Hani Deek <hani_deek_at_[hidden]>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2021 23:40:56 +0000
The non-static member functions which we have now do not accept the 'implicit object argument' by value. It has to be passed by reference. If the proposal will simply introduce a new syntax to define that kind of functions, then the proposed syntax shouldn't allow the object parameter to be non-reference. If you do that, you should not run into any kind of problems with regard to the type of the function pointer.

Complexity is inevitable. What should be avoided is needless complexity.

Of course, people can disagree over what is needless and what is needed.