C++ Logo

STD-DISCUSSION

Subject: Re: extremely long compile time with large number of string literals
From: Jason McKesson (jmckesson_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-07-10 11:55:13

On Fri, Jul 10, 2020 at 12:44 PM Artur Czajkowski via Std-Discussion <
std-discussion_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> I don't think calling anyone at any point by any names is acceptable.
> Especially that the person who is doing the name calling is a member of a
> committee.
> That's the level you present.

While I understand your frustration with the committee on some decisions,
however "unacceptable" you may feel that name calling is, you were the one
who started it in this thread when you said things like:

> In my opinion most people who put in their "some/any sort of CV" fact
that they are members of the std committee should say: I'm in the committee
that is destroying C++ instead.

and

> Most of them build their ego/carrier (how nice it looks on CV: a member
of a committee) whilst destroying C++.

Honestly, for people who feel that they're trying their best to make the
language better, I imagine that's far more insulting than being called a
troll.