C++ Logo

std-discussion

Re: extremely long compile time with large number of string literals

From: Artur Czajkowski <atch.cpp_at_[hidden]>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2020 18:18:07 +0200
True. I believe one you've suggested with gperf is one possibility.
But I wasn't talking about that particular case. I was rather talking about
the way you've expressed yourself with that arrogant and almost dismissive
way about what std committee is and what is its role. And exactly that kind
of attitude I met a number of times from members of the committee. There
were times that I've heard that nobody is paid for being in committee so
how can I expect something of quality etc. Upsetting, saddening... but
real...
We could discuss it here till the cows come home who is right, what is
right and who is wrong and why it is me...
For years now I'm observing what is happening to the C++ and to be honest,
the language that I loved committee by its "wrong doings" to it, made the
language that I'm now trying to leave behind and move towards Rust.
In my opinion most people who put in their "some/any sort of CV" fact that
they are members of the std committee should say: I'm in the committee that
is destroying C++ instead.
Perhaps it is a bit melo-dramatic but I used to love C++. Now some parts of
it because of the committee are awful/ugly, some funny, some buggy and none
of them seem to be one part of one cohesive language.
Shame on them.

--
Best regards
*Artur Czajkowski*