C++ Logo

std-discussion

Re: extremely long compile time with large number of string literals

From: Artur Czajkowski <atch.cpp_at_[hidden]>
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2020 10:59:55 +0200
@Marcin Jaczewski
This is not about specifying what compiler should do nor how should it be
implemented. It is about setting some constraints which implementers of
compilers should follow.

>> If fixing is easy then you can ask your compiler provider to fix it or
if its open source fix it yourself.
In practice asking Microsoft to fix something in their compiler is like...
And you cannot fix it because it is closed source. Also please don't
suggest changing a compiler. For home project (not large) maybe, in company
a) it will never happen b) it will never happen