C++ Logo

std-discussion

Re: Problem while reading Greek letters from a file

From: Thiago Macieira <thiago_at_[hidden]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2020 19:09:09 -0700
On Monday, 15 June 2020 14:52:44 PDT Konstantinos Dimos via Std-Discussion
wrote:
> The format is on UTF8, [...]. How can I read the Greek letters as 1 byte
> data?

Hello Konstantinos

First of all, this is the wrong mailing list for the question. This is about
discussing the C++ standard and your question is not about the standard. You
may want to ask on Stack Overflow or in one of the cpplang Slack channels.
Please don't reply, just take your question there.

Second, you can't. If the format is UTF-8, then your Greek letters are 2 bytes
(unless we're talking about precomposed polytonic, in which case it's 3).