C++ Logo

std-discussion

Re: C++ 20, Unqualified name look: a confusing relative to postfix expressions.

From: Vladimir Grigoriev <vlad.moscow_at_[hidden]>
Date: Thu, 05 Sep 2019 19:49:26 +0300
Let's start from the very beginning.

For example it is unclear reading the C++ Standard whether this program is correct that is successfully compiled by the C++ gcc HEAD 10.0.0 20190

#include <iostream>
struct A
{
friend void f( A &a );
static void g( A &a )
{
f( a );
}
private:
int i = 10;
};
void f( A &a ) { std::cout << "F( " << a.i << " )\n"; }

int main()
{
A a;
A::g( a );
}

Is the name of the friend function f is visible inside the definition of the static function A::g? With best regards,
Vlad from Moscow

You can meet me at http://cpp.forum24.ru/ or www.stackoverflow.com or http://ru.stackoverflow.com