[SG5] January 11 notes, next meeting

From: Hans Boehm <boehm_at_[hidden]>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2022 09:22:11 -0800
Attendees: Hans Boehm, Jens Maurer, Michael Scott, Michael Spear, Michael
Wong

We discussed several editorial issues raised by Michael Wong (editor) ,
including

- whether 16.4.6.17 needs a new home

- Several TeX issue that were resolved on the call

There was discussion about what the right base document here is. Officially
it's C++20.

Jens: N4860 was the last preceding N-numbered document, but it was heavily
edited at the request of the ISO secretariat. N4868 is a better choice for
those who don't have easy access to the official standard.

There was some process discussion. We're currently in the work item ballot,
which is based on the existing paper. The TS ballot will follow, and
requires the TS draft Michael W. is working on.

We discussed the feature test macro phrasing in the current draft. This
anticipates a sequence of library-style macros ending in _v<n> for
potential future revisions of the TS. SG5 prefers to make this a single
language-style macro in 15.11 whose value would change with
future revisions.

Jens will make an initial editing pass.

We anticipate keeping the next meeting and getting the draft ready for the
Feb 15 mailing.

Coordinates for next meeting:

Feb 8 8 a.m. PST, 11:00 a.m. EST, 17:00 Central Europe:

Join with Google Meet
meet.google.com/sbj-cvgh-vnd
Get GVC Labs to improve your VC experience.

Join by phone
‪(US) +1 208-925-0196‬ PIN: ‪255 542‬#