Re: [isocpp-ext] namespace composition

From: Peter Sommerlad (C++) <"Peter>
Date: Mon, 1 May 2023 12:05:31 +0200
Ville Voutilainen via SG20 wrote on 30.04.23 09:11:
> Because that's Bjarne's target audience, students who may not have
> programmed before

I wouldn't introduce to those student the concept of indexing at all. At
least not until they learn how to do their own range checking.

What about teaching them ranges (the concept of) and not FORTRAN-style
programming legacy. What is taught first, sticks! Therefore, I usually
don't show bad examples (at least not up front) and if I do, I clearly
mark them as such.

Regards
Peter.

--
Peter Sommerlad
Better Software: Consulting, Training, Reviews