Re: [isocpp-ext] namespace composition

From: Andrew Tomazos <andrewtomazos_at_[hidden]>
Date: Mon, 1 May 2023 02:50:38 +1000
On Mon, May 1, 2023 at 2:15 AM Gabriel Dos Reis via Ext <
ext_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Ideally, students should be taught practices they can deploy in production
> setting. While sanitizers and fuzzers have become accepted elements of the
> dev toolbox, they can't be deployed in production. That is part of why it
> is critical that we have a standard mechanism for turning bound checking on
> - or better yet, have bound checking on by default and have mechanism to
> opt out, after profiling data have shown that's what is needed.

If/when we ship contracts, aren't we going to eventually add them to the
standard library to check preconditions? and bounds-checking of the
standard containers would be amongst them? Isn't turning contracts
on-and-off exactly that standard mechanism to turn bounds checking
on-and-off? Or are we talking about bound-checking at the lower
builtin-array level?