Re: Introducing references

From: Yongwei Wu <wuyongwei_at_[hidden]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2022 17:25:48 +0800
std::optional<Obj&> is not valid C++ code. :-)

I really was comparing BigObj& (not allowing null), BigObj* (allowing
null), and optional<BigObj> (not a reference). It was not a grammar
comparison, but a usage comparison. For I have seen code that uses
optional<Obj> where an Obj* suffices—if the parameter was not optional, I
believe people would have used const Obj& instead.

--
Yongwei Wu