Re: [SG20] Meeting tomorrow

From: Michael Adams <mdadams_at_[hidden]>
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2021 15:54:27 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Robert,

On Thu, 22 Jul 2021, Robert Douglas via SG20 wrote:
> Additionally, Michael Adams, Florian, and I were working on a joint paper to
> request people add teaching sections to committee papers. This paper of
> ours, however, became blocked on the desire to have a glossary of terms to
> which we could refer. This was a task we discussed earlier this year, IIRC.
> Has anyone progressed that effort?

There is a glossary section in my revised document in PR 70 on GitHub.
Currently, the glossary only lists a couple of terms whose definitions
should be added, but the definitions are not there now. As soon as
Florian has merged PR 70, I could fill in the missing definitions for
the terms that are currently listed in the glossary. I think that these
terms were the terms that were most relevant to our paper (namely,
learning outcome and learning objective). In any case, if there are
key terms that are important for the reader of our paper to understand,
it would likely be a good idea to include the definitions in the paper,
anyways, as this makes the life of the reader easier by making the
document more self contained. For example, if we need the definition
of a learning outcome or learning objective, this can easily be added
in the paper in a sentence or two. I can add this if you would like.

I think that it would also be good to reference the GitHub Pages site
for the built document in the paper, after Florian merges the above PR
and the site becomes operational.

--Michael