[SG20] Call for contributions, plan for rest of 2020

From: JC van Winkel <jcvw_at_[hidden]>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2020 15:03:11 +0100
TL;DR: no more telecons in 2020; please help with writing new topics in our
guidelines

Hi,

With the polls that the WG21 convener (Herb Sutter) completed, we have been
asked to have as few meetings the rest of the year as possible. Many
people have extra meetings because it is the end of the year, and many
people take days off around the holidays in November and December. So SG20
will have no more meetings in 2020.

But… That does not mean we should not try and make progress :-) We now
have a number of topics that are ready. See
https://github.com/cplusplus/SG20/ . We would like people who have an
interest in writing education guidelines around topics, to look at the
issues that are open <https://github.com/cplusplus/SG20/issues> to see if
there are any that peek their interest.

When writing a topic, please follow the skeleton
<https://github.com/cplusplus/SG20/blob/master/skeleton.md> that we have so
we have a uniform and coherent set of topics.

To prevent contention around topics, when you want to start a topic, please
contact me or Florian Sattler so we can schedule who is working on which
topic. Then, you can just create a file, based on our skeleton, with the
topic name in the module folder and start working!

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to send Florian Sattler
<sattlerf_at_[hidden]> or me <jcvw_at_[hidden]> an email.

Thank you, stay safe and happy holidays!

JC van Winkel <jcvw_at_[hidden]>

Chair SG20