Re: [SG20] Sample module

From: Neil Horlock <nhorlock_at_[hidden]>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2019 17:54:46 +0000

> How to proceed from there? Do we have to wait for proper issue description
> or can I just seize a topic and write about it?

The intention is (I believe) for people to take topics and write the
Outcomes and Objectives for each. Or what JC calls ASSBATs (A student
should be able to). In Belfast, given the intention of this is to inform
educators rather than students, that was semi-jokingly twisted into ATSBATS
(A Teacher Should Be Able To). With this in mind, each of those topics will
be defined by the key learning to be derived from that topic at various
"levels".

The "levels" at which each topic could be taught were discussed in the
context of using the "audience" guidelines example that Gor Nishanov had
used with his Co-Routines papers (Chris or someone may be able to help me
out here with a direct reference as I cannot find it right now). In
essence, those tables highlighted aspects of a topic that "Everyone should
know" (fundamentals) down to "<100 need to know" (expert).

IIRC, SG20 designated certain people to write the sample guidelines in
> Belfast.

I would have to check the minutes, we definitely chose to have an initial
topic (or two) set out as guidance. I do not recall if any individuals took
that on.

Neil