[SG19] P1709R3: Graph Library paper (for June 2020)

From: Phil Ratzloff <Phil.Ratzloff_at_[hidden]>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2020 00:22:25 +0000
The R2 version, P1709R2: Graph Library<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1swsePTH_Ci_BNn_40tn0uX1e2pK916rPoYDNhdOnQd4/edit?usp=sharing>, has been submitted for review in Prague.

P1709R3: Graph Library<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kLHhbSTX7j0tPeTYECQFSNx3R35Mu3xO5_dyYdRy4dM/edit?usp=sharing>, targeted for the June 2020 meeting in Varna, is the next version that is actively being worked on. Don't expect much activity during February as I will be out of the country for a large portion of the month.

Comments or questions about specific things in the document should be added as comments to the document. More general comments/questions should be directed to the SG19 mail list, or attend one of the monthly teleconferences. You can also email me directly if you like.

Feel free to make simple corrections for grammar or clarity. Please coordinate with me if you want to make larger changes to the paper.

My goal for the next paper is to have it 95% complete, including:

  1. Full descriptions of all ranges & algorithms, including examples.
  2. Inclusion of graph data structure(s) for directed and undirected graphs based on compressed sparse row.
  3. Relaxing requirements on ranges and algorithms for the types used for key, vertex container and edge containers. (I expect this to be an ongoing activity in later papers.)

Stretch goals

  1. Have a prototype implementation for review.
  2. Support gcc & clang in linux, in addition to MSVC. The compilers & platforms supported is dependent on getting the paper ready for serious review, and support for concepts & ranges in the compilers & their libraries. I expect to focus on gcc & clang in Linux.