Re: SG16 meeting summary for March 13th, 2024

From: Tom Honermann <tom_at_[hidden]>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2024 16:51:55 -0400
I'd like to call attention to an editorial note present in the meeting
summary. Some of the discussion concerned how scanning of centered text
should work and questions were raised regarding how the Python parse
library handles this. I encourage the paper authors to consider if
std::scan() should adopt the behavior described below (presumably just
for format specifications that don't include an explicit field width)
and update the paper to provide rationale accordingly.

    [ /Editor's note:/ The "Format Specification" section in the Python
    parse project description <https://pypi.org/project/parse/> states:

> Note that the “center” alignment does not test to make sure
> the value is centered - it just strips leading and trailing
> whitespace.

    ]

Tom.