P2728 Status Update

From: Eddie Nolan <eddiejnolan_at_[hidden]>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2024 18:55:07 -0500
Hi,

I wanted to announce that I’m taking over ownership of Zach Laine’s Unicode
papers: P2728, P2729, and P2745.

I’m currently working on a new revision of P2728, “Unicode in the Library,
Part 1: UTF Transcoding.” The main update will be a different approach to
error handling, replacing the previous transcoding_error_handler mechanism
with a new member function in utf_iterator that specifies whether the code
unit that operator* would return is part of a replacement character that
was substituted for an ill-formed subsequence.

Please let me know if you have any feedback on P2728 that I should look
into for its next revision! I can be reached at eddiejnolan_at_[hidden] or on
Mattermost at username @eddienolan.

Thanks,

Eddie Nolan