SG16 meeting summary for April 12th, 2023

From: Tom Honermann <tom_at_[hidden]>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2023 21:51:46 -0400
The summary for the SG16 meeting held April 12th, 2023 is now
available. For those that attended, please review and suggest corrections.

  * https://github.com/sg16-unicode/sg16-meetings#april-12th-2023

I had a harder time than I usually do writing the summary for this
meeting; I guess the notes I took during the meeting weren't up to par.
Please review and let me know if anything seems off.

No decisions were made at this meeting. The following direction polls
were taken.

  * *Poll 1: SG16 would like to see a version of P2728 without eager
    algorithms.*
      o Attendees: 10 (3 abstentions)
        SF F N A SA
        4 2 0 1 0

      o Consensus in favor.
  * *Poll 2: UTF transcoding interfaces provided by the C++ standard
    library should operate on |charN_t| types, with support for other
    types provided by adapters, possibly with a special case for |char|
    and |wchar_t| when their associated literal encodings are UTF.*
      o Attendees: 9 (2 abstentions)
        SF F N A SA
        5 1 0 0 1

      o Consensus in favor.
      o SA: There is a precondition that input is intended to be UTF-8
        and that isn't avoided by adding a wrapper; this doesn't help
        programmers to find bugs.
  * *Poll 3: |char32_t| should be used as the Unicode code point type
    within the C++ standard library implementations of Unicode algorithms.*
      o Attendees: 9 (2 abstentions)
        SF F N A SA
        6 0 1 0 0

      o Strong consensus in favor.