Re: SG16 meeting summary for January 11th, 2023

From: Hubert Tong <hubert.reinterpretcast_at_[hidden]>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2023 13:40:08 -0500
Hi Tom,

Some comments/requests.

For "can be broadly applied", can we clarify by adding "(and thus should
only be used when a broad interpretation is actually intended)".

For:
Hubert pointed out a category error in the proposed wording change for the
codecvt facets; "code point" is used where "code unit" would be more
appropriate.

the description of the category error that was raised should be something
like:
"the first bullet is a description of the artifacts produced by an
encoding, not of an encoding itself; the second bullet names an encoding:
both bullets should be written such that they can be easily read as
specifying encodings"

Thanks,

Hubert Tong