Agenda for the 2023-01-25 SG16 telecon​

From: Tom Honermann <tom_at_[hidden]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2023 12:45:02 -0500
SG16 will hold a telecon on Wednesday, January 25th, at 19:30 UTC
(timezone conversion
<https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html?iso=20230125T193000&p1=1440&p2=tz_pst&p3=tz_mst&p4=tz_cst&p5=tz_est&p6=tz_cet>).

The agenda follows.

  * Planning for NOT Issaquah.
  * P2736R0 <https://wg21.link/p2736r0>: Referencing the Unicode Standard.
  * D2749R0 <https://isocpp.org/files/papers/D2749R0.pdf>: Down with
    ”character”

We agreed to hold a SG16 meeting in Issaquah during the 2023-01-11 SG16
telecon
<https://github.com/sg16-unicode/sg16-meetings#january-11th-2023>.
Unfortunately, that isn't going to happen due to a lack of conference
rooms available during regular business hours and previous discussions
regarding meeting before or after regular business hours did not have
consensus. That leaves us with just this upcoming telecon currently
scheduled to dispense with our remaining NB comments. I'm hopeful that
we'll be able to poll forwarding P2736 at this meeting, but I'm
skeptical that we'll get to a point where we are comfortable polling
P2749. However, I would be happy to schedule an additional telecon for
2023-02-01 if we agree there is a reasonable chance that we'll be able
to establish a position on that paper by then.

We continued discussion of P2736R0 (Referencing the Unicode Standard)
during the 2023-01-11 SG16 telecon
<https://github.com/sg16-unicode/sg16-meetings#january-11th-2023> and
identified a few issues to be addressed. Corentin has requested some
assistance, both on the SG16 mailing list
<https://lists.isocpp.org/sg16/2023/01/3664.php> and in the SG16
Mattermost channel
<https://chat.isocpp.org/general/channels/sg16-unicode>. If you can help
out, please do so! (Sorry, Corentin, I've been playing too much catchup
lately). Note that Fraser also expressed a view regarding the
__STDC_ISO_10646__ macro
<https://lists.isocpp.org/sg16/2023/01/3663.php>; it would be helpful to
have other comments either in agreement or in opposition to that view.

D2749R0 (Down with ”character”) was on the agenda for our last telecon,
but we ran out of time. We last discussed the related NB comment during
the 2022-12-14 SG16 telecon
<https://github.com/sg16-unicode/sg16-meetings#december-14th-2022>. This
paper is relatively long due to its wording impact. Please take the time
to read the motivation and at least scan through the wording changes. I
encourage everyone to reacquaint themselves with the terminology used in
UTR #17 <https://unicode.org/reports/tr17/> beforehand as well.

Tom.