Agenda for the 2023-01-11 SG16 telecon​

From: Tom Honermann <tom_at_[hidden]>
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2023 01:01:23 -0500
SG16 will hold a telecon on Wednesday, January 11th, at 19:30 UTC
(timezone conversion
<https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html?iso=20230111T193000&p1=1440&p2=tz_pst&p3=tz_mst&p4=tz_cst&p5=tz_est&p6=tz_cet>).

The agenda follows.

  * Planning for Issaquah.
  * P2736R0 <https://wg21.link/p2736r0>: Referencing the Unicode Standard.
  * D2749R0 <https://isocpp.org/files/papers/D2749R0.pdf>: Down with
    ”character”

The WG21 Issaquah meeting will take place from February 6th through the
11th. I am planning to hold a SG16 meeting that week, but as of now,
neither I nor Peter are planning to attend in person. I asked Steve if
he would be willing to help facilitate attendance for in-person
attendees and for some reason he thought that would be fun, so I'm going
to try and hold him to it. Thanks, Steve! We'll discuss how many SG16
regulars are likely to be attending in person, what kind of setup we'll
want, what day we would like to meet and for how long.

We started discussing P2736R0 (Referencing the Unicode Standard) during
the 2022-12-14 SG16 telecon
<https://github.com/sg16-unicode/sg16-meetings#december-14th-2022>. Most
of that discussion was concerned with the __STDC_ISO_10646__ macro.
We'll continue from there with a goal of completing review so that we
can poll forwarding the paper. This paper is intended to resolve two of
the three remaining NB comments tagged for SG16
<https://github.com/cplusplus/nbballot/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3Asg16>
(FR-021-013 <https://github.com/cplusplus/nbballot/issues/423> and
FR-010-133 <https://github.com/cplusplus/nbballot/issues/412>).

D2749R0 (Down with ”character”) seeks to resolve, FR-020-014
<https://github.com/cplusplus/nbballot/issues/422>, the last NB comment
tagged for SG16. We last discussed that NB comment during the 2022-12-14
SG16 telecon
<https://github.com/sg16-unicode/sg16-meetings#december-14th-2022> where
we agreed to encourage Corentin to do more work and, lo and behold, we
now owe him a review.

Tom.