Re: [isocpp-core] CWG 2640 n-char sequence relaxation: Allow brace pairs inside?

From: Tom Honermann <tom_at_[hidden]>
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2022 11:22:10 -0500
On 11/9/22 1:49 AM, Hubert Tong via Core wrote:
> Does it make sense to anticipate that we may want \N{} escapes within
> n-char sequences someday and allow nested brace pairs today to reduce
> churn?

That did not occur to me when drafting the proposed change. I'm not
opposed to such a change, but I don't see much potential for ever taking
advantage of it either. I can see some potential for allowing names from
other character naming sources (as previously discussed with P2071
<https://wg21.link/p2071>), but I don't think '{' or '}' are currently
used in any common character name sources. If motivation arises, I
suspect the concern can be addressed then with minimal churn.

Tom.