Re: C++ Developer Survey questions for 2023

From: Zach Laine <whatwasthataddress_at_[hidden]>
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2022 10:12:23 -0500
On Thu, Jun 2, 2022 at 8:29 PM Thiago Macieira via SG16
<sg16_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> On Thursday, 2 June 2022 18:07:53 PDT Zach Laine via SG16 wrote:
> > I have written Windows apps that use UTF-8 and ASCII, and nothing
> > else. If your expectation is that that's a 0% case, and mine is that
> > it is not, it sounds like asking other people what they think would be
> > a good thing.
>
> And that application used UTF-16 behind the scenes if you've run on any
> Windows in the past 20 years. The question is whether that counts.

For me, it does not. Again, if you have a suggestion on how to change
the question to reflect that, I'm very open to such a change. Perhaps
we start the question with "Except for syscalls, ...".

What I'm trying to tease out of survey responders is whether they have
use for multiple encodings in their strings, other of their own
interfaces, etc.

Zach