Re: Updated draft of P2572R0: std::format() fill character allowances

From: Tom Honermann <tom_at_[hidden]>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2022 11:52:19 -0400
On 5/25/22 4:02 AM, Peter Brett wrote:

> Hi Tom,
>
> Thank you for this updated draft.
>
> It would be useful to have a column in the table that shows the
> proposed conforming behaviour.

I presume you mean in the table in the "Existing practice" section. I
didn't add a column there because 1) the table is already fairly wide,
2) the proposed behavior isn't described until a later section, and 3)
the additional column would exactly duplicate the gcc and MSVC columns.

Would it help if I updated the "Proposal" section as follows?

    Standardize the behavior exhibited by gcc with fmt and MSVC_as
    demonstrated in the "Existing practice" section_:

If not, is there another way I can satisfy what you are looking for?

Tom.