Re: [isocpp-core] Rewording wording for named-universal-characters

From: Steve Downey <sdowney_at_[hidden]>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2022 14:59:46 -0500
On Thu, Mar 10, 2022 at 2:23 PM Christof Meerwald <cmeerw_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 09, 2022 at 12:07:42AM -0500, Steve Downey via Core wrote:
> > > uploaded to the wiki at
> > >
> https://wiki.edg.com/pub/Wg21telecons2022/Teleconference2022-03-11/d2071r2.html
> > > <
> > >
> https://wiki.edg.com/pub/Wg21telecons2022/Teleconference2022-03-11/d2071r2.html
> > > >

> In [lex.charset.3] you now have
>
> "A universal-character-name of the form \u hex-quad or \U hex-quad
> hex-quad designates the character in the translation character set..."
>
> but as we have approved D2290R3 ("Delimited escape sequences") last
> time, would we need to add "\u{ simple-hexadecimal-digit-sequence }"
> there as well if D2290R3 gets approved in plenary? (do we need two
> versions of the wording with/without D2290R3?)
>

> My understanding is that until each is approved, they should be diffs
against the last working paper, and that the editors will integrate them.
Otherwise, if for some reason the plenary motion failed, you'd have
knock-on effects for every other paper.
If there were semantic conflicts, I would be concerned, but the overlapping
changes can be integrated almost mechanically.
I do have a diff ready against lex.tex in the main branch.
https://github.com/cplusplus/draft/compare/main...steve-downey:named-unicode