Comments on P2513R0 char8_t Compatibility and Portability Fixes

From: Jens Maurer <Jens.Maurer_at_[hidden]>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2022 22:31:18 +0100
Hi,

Here are my comments:

 - Section 3.2, fifth to last word should not have an apostrophe.

 - The title promises "fixes", but I can see only a single fix in the
wording: Allow initialization of an ordinary character array with
a UTF-8 string literal. Where are the several fixes?

 - Wording:

"Additionally, an array of ordinary character type may be initialized by a UTF-8
string literal, or by a char8_t-typed string-literal enclosed in braces."

I agree that "may" (giving permission) is the better verb here compared to
"can" in the preceding, existing text.

However, we discuss here "UTF-8 string literal", and a few words later we talk
about a "char8_t-typed string-literal". Is there any intended difference between
these? If so, I need help in seeing the difference. If not, just say
", or by such a string literal enclosed in braces."

Jens