[SG16] New P1885 revision

From: Corentin <corentin.jabot_at_[hidden]>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2021 09:52:39 +0200
Hello,
Here is a new P1885 draft https://isocpp.org/files/papers/D1885R9.pdf

Some wording fixes have been made, thanks Jens for the feedback.
There is now a class-wide invariant that name is empty only when mib() ==
unknown is true.

This revision also mandates CHAR_BIT == 8, to side step some interesting
discussions that
have no bearing on practical uses of this proposal.
If someone wants to write a paper to describe existing practice with double
bytes text encoding on DSPs and how they are manipulated there, it is a
restriction that can be relaxed in a future standard.

I also added some prose to clarify that it is in fact possible to use UCS2
on a little endian system, Microsoft certainly did so for 10-20 years.
The goal is to state the intent in the prose, even if there are
disagreements about whether the wording sufficiently reflects that intent.

Note that I have not yet removed the term "scheme" from the wording, but I
am itching to do so as recent conversations have not really convinced me
that this was a useful distinction to make.

Thanks, in particular to people who gave feedback on the previous revision.

Corentin