Re: [SG16] A UTF-8 environment specification; an alternative to assuming UTF-8 based on choice of literal encoding

From: Charlie Barto <Charles.Barto_at_[hidden]>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2021 16:06:33 +0000
The location is part of the kernel ABI contract with userland I think, and can probably never change (not super familiar with Linux compatibility promises though). As for location I think it's always at the start of the stack, which starts at the highest addressable address minus one guard page (I think).