Re: [SG16] Wording for P2295 based on P2314

From: Charlie Barto <Charles.Barto_at_[hidden]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2021 21:54:03 +0000
> The encoding scheme of a physical source file is determined in an implementation-
> defined manner. An implementation shall provide a mechanism to determine the
> encoding of a source file that is independent of its content.

How does this work if the file is stored in an encoding where, for example, all the characters in the basic source character set had multi-byte representations, or were otherwise different from the "usual" values? Would this be in the form of a new preprocessor mechanism that asked the encoding of some other source file?