[SG16] [ WG14 ] Mixed Wide String Literals

From: JeanHeyd Meneide <phdofthehouse_at_[hidden]>
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2020 10:48:39 -0500
Dear SG16 and C/C++ Liaison Group,

     N2594 - https://thephd.github.io/_vendor/future_cxx/papers/C%20-%20Mixed%20Wide%20String%20Literal%20Concatenation.html
- was accepted by WG14 this meeting and we just adjourned. This means
both languages have feature parity in this regards! 🎉

     BUT!

     WG14 also wants to look into -- after removing it -- spending
some time coming up with well-defined combination mechanism. We would
like to have ill-formedness (C++) / constraint violations (C) if the
conversion to the final chosen encoding do not work, to give people
good guarantees above e.g. synthesizing Unicode into an wide string
literal or synthesizing wide string data into Unicode literals.

     (Also, I forgot to ask if they wanted to do something similar to
P1041 - https://wg21.link/p1041 - yet...)

Sincerely,
JeanHeyd