Subject: Re: [isocpp-core] Updated draft revision: D2029R2 (Proposed resolution for core issues 411, 1656, and 2333; numeric and universal character escapes in character and string literals)
From: Alisdair Meredith (alisdairm_at_[hidden])
Date: 2020-07-08 05:43:36

Minor nit: I dislike normatively stating that a null character is
appended after string concatenation in two places. I do like
the addition of this directly to the phase 6 wording, so suggest
that the original in [lex.string]p12 with its extra flowery language
be demoted to a note.

In the normative text, AFAICT, in C++20 wide multi character
literals must be supported, with an implementation-defined value,
but after this paper they will be conditionally supported. I don’t
see that design change addressed in the front matter. Same
applies to non-encodable wide characters .

(I thought this also applied to ordinary multi character literals,
but it turns out they are already conditionally supported.)

AlisdairM