Re: [SG16] [SPAM] Re: Locales, Encodings and Unicode

From: jm <jm_at_[hidden]>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2020 06:36:17 +0100
Tom Honermann wrote:> I believe there are no terminfo or similar capabilities for either querying or setting the terminal encodingI'm pretty sure that either ECMA 35 or ECMA 48 has registered way to switch to UTF8. I think xterm implements it. I don't remember about querying nor about going back (I remember it as a way to escape out of their structure). I'm not familiar enough with other terminal emulator nor with terminfo/termcap to know what they do.BTW terminfo/termcap are relying as well on environment variable to know what to do. I'm not sure that that one is better than LC*Yours -- Jean-Marc Bourguet
null