[SG16-Unicode] [ #embed_str ] Unicode Input

From: JeanHeyd Meneide <phdofthehouse_at_[hidden]>
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2019 20:12:40 +0000
Dear SG16,

     I presented #embed_str to EWG. They said I need to take a trip through
SG16.

    The semantics of #embed_str are that the contents of the file are
loaded up as individual entries in a regular string literal. For example,
if the contents of a file were

foo

Then the array that backs the string literal would be loaded as

[f | o | o | \0]
[0 | 1 | 2 | 3]

     A better name for it might be #embed_null_terminated`. I don't think
this has much to do with Unicode at the end of the day, because it deals
with code units. There would be no embed_u8str or embed_u16str or
embed_u32str, because there's no guarantee the contents of the file would
be valid UTFX and I am not about to get into the mess that is "source
resource encoding" and "compile-time resource encoding" conversions.

     If #embed_str is too suggestive of text, I will be more than happy to
put an axe through it. Do let me know how to proceed.

Sincerely,
JeanHeyd Meneide