Re: [SG16-Unicode] [isocpp-lib-ext] [time.duration.io] : Is stream insertion behavior locale dependent when Period::type is micro?

From: Tom Honermann <tom_at_[hidden]>
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2019 11:51:55 +0000
On 11/6/19 8:30 AM, Howard Hinnant wrote:
> You can comment the LWG issue (if you want) by emailing said comment to lwgchair_at_[hidden], specifying which issue you wish to comment and supplying the comment.
>
> Howard
>
> On Nov 5, 2019, at 10:32 PM, Corentin via Lib-Ext <lib-ext_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> Not sure how to do that proceduraly but here is some alternative wording.
>> The "runtime" locale-tied encoding is *assumed to be* a super set of the execution encoding - to the extent the standard doesn't distinguish between the two

Howard and I discussed the wording I proposed today and we're now on the
same page with regard to the intent.

With regard to Corentin's suggested wording above, "abstract character"
and "execution encoding" are not current terms in the standard (well,
the former is inherited from our reference to the Unicode standard but
is otherwise unused at present). P1859R0 <http://wg21.link/p1859r0> does
intend to standardize new terminology, but we don't yet have consensus
for what the new terms should be named. I think we should avoid using
candidate names until we have such consensus.

Tom.