Subject: Re: [SG16-Unicode] Replacement for codecvt
From: Tom Honermann (tom_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-08-29 15:04:07

On 8/29/19 10:58 AM, Niall Douglas wrote:

>> 2) Write papers proposing changes to the interface that you would need
>> (e.g., deterministic exceptions).  Papers will help us more quickly
>> evaluate and consider changes.  Any such papers should include
>> motivation, examples, and proposed changes (preferably wording if
>> applicable as well).  But you know all that of course ;)
> Alas my plate is overflowing. I have four new papers in progress, such
> is my overload that none of those four will make Belfast.

Same here and everywhere, which is why I responded as I did. Feedback is
great.  Providing a list of I can't/won't use your library until X, Y, Z
is a little less helpful (though still useful).  Just please be
respectful and cognizant that by providing such feedback, you're putting
demands on other people's time.  I think some of what you listed is not
strictly necessary, certainly not for experimentation, and I would be
sad to see JeanHeyd spend time on those details rather than the core
functionality that we all really want.

Tom.