Re: [SG16-Unicode] [isocpp-lib-ext] Proposed design change to P1030 filesystem::path_view

From: Andrew Tomazos <andrewtomazos_at_[hidden]>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2019 14:18:26 +1000
I think modelling a path as a container of its components is reasonable.

What isn't reasonable is that those components are themselves paths, as
this would imply that the value of a single-component path P is a container
of one item, and that one item contained in P has the value P. A container
shouldn't be able to contain itself. It's nonsensical.

I think what I'm saying is that filesystem paths and filesystem path
components should obviously be distinct types.