Re: [SG16-Unicode] [isocpp-core] Source file encoding

From: Thiago Macieira <thiago_at_[hidden]>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2019 12:50:35 -0700
On Wednesday, 14 August 2019 09:00:43 PDT Steve Downey wrote:
> > #pragma encoding <encoding> switches encoding from the #pragma onwards.
> >
> For the rest of that source file. A push/pop mechanism so you can't cause
> errors in the file doing the inclusion.

You make it for the file in question, not the translation unit. That means it
won't affect #includes and terminates at the end of your #inclusion.

This also means preprocessors need to understand that for the # lines.

# 1 "foo.cpp"
#pragma encoding "utf-8"
"this is UTF-8"
# 1 "foo.h"
#pragma encoding "latin1"
"this is Latin1"
# 3 "foo.cpp"
"this is again automatically UTF-8"

Which could get funny with lex outputs... then again, I don't think lex can
handle multibyte.