Re: [SG16-Unicode] [isocpp-core] What is the proper term for the locale dependent run-time character set/encoding used for the character classification and conversion functions?

From: Steve Downey <sdowney_at_[hidden]>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2019 09:29:07 -0400
It would probably be difficult to mandate, since by the time you get around
to seeing u{8,16,32} everything has already been converted to internal
encoding, which is essentially indistinguishable from Unicode as you can't
tell the difference between *universal-character-name
<http://eel.is/c++draft/lex.charset#nt:universal-character-name> *and an
extended source character.