Re: [SG16-Unicode] std::byte based I/O library

From: Corentin <corentin.jabot_at_[hidden]>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2019 09:57:26 +0000
Ideally, we need 3 separate things:

1/ A way to read/write byte streams
2/ A way to transcode to/from non-unicode encoding
3/ A way to determine the encoding expected by a given stream.

The later is in the general case not possible, and it might not be
generically possible for simple things like console i/o.
I think the only sane way forward is to by default assume utf8 everywhere
and work with os vendors to ensure they have the same defaults.

I think 1/ falls entirely outside of the scope of SG16