Re: [SG16-Unicode] Draft SG16 direction paper

From: Tom Honermann <tom_at_[hidden]>
Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2018 03:47:37 -0400
An updated draft of the direction paper (now designated P1238) is
available in our github repo:
- https://github.com/sg16-unicode/sg16/tree/master/papers
- (viewable link)
https://rawgit.com/sg16-unicode/sg16/master/papers/d1238r0.html

I've incorporated some, but not all, of the feedback from the meeting on
Wednesday:
- Added timeline information and clarified what is and is not targeting
C++20.
- Added some more discussion about implementation defined encodings on
Windows and z/OS.
- Poached some content from Steve's draft for the std::text section.
- Added a brief mention of std::locale in the generic interface section.
- Other misc fixups and re-wordings.

I have not yet addressed discussion surrounding char8_t, but plan to do so.

Zach, in the meeting, you expressed some concern regarding the generic
interfaces and support of segmented text. My notes from the meeting
aren't great regarding this and I'm afraid I'm not clear on what you
would like to see updated. Can you offer a suggestion?

Tom.