> Scan all source files within the project to 1) identify defined modules, 2) identify which modules each source file imports, and 3) construct a DAG of module dependencies to be used to execute a build plan that ensures that, for each module M, a BMI is built for the module interface unit source file(s) that define M before any source file that imports M is compiled. See clang-scan-deps.

Hi all, I'm the author of the xmake build tool, I have verified this solution in xmake. It usually works fine.

But if there are a lot of module definition files in the project, this will affect the time of first compilation, because additional dependency analysis time is required.

In addition, if the DAG of module dependencies is complex, it will also affect the parallel compilation of module files. I'm not sure if there is a solution to both problems.

Peter Brett via SG15 <sg15@lists.isocpp.org> 于2022年3月7日周一 17:46写道:

Hi Tom,

This is a really helpful document – thank you.

I hope it will eventually become a paper!

             Peter