On Tue, Aug 13, 2019 at 9:59 PM Gabriel Dos Reis via SG15 <sg15@lists.isocpp.org> wrote:
Friendly request: please can we not use the phrases “implicit module” and “explicit module”?

I think the terms ‘implicit’ and ‘explicit’ apply to *build*, not modules themselves.

— Gaby

I used the terms because they have been in widespread use in the clang community for a while now (and the email was targeted at them), but I agree that an implicit/explicit build or dependency is a more precise term.

- Michael Spencer