Re: [SG14] No call tomorrow Aug 11

From: Tjernstrom, Staffan <Staffan.Tjernstrom_at_[hidden]>
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2021 11:49:55 +0000
Arthur wrote:
(8) Re inplace_function "implementation experience": You might link to the SG14 repo's implementation. ;) And I'd be interested to learn whether any of your contributors are actually using it in practice, and if not, why not, and how can we get them to switch to it. I mean, if people are avoiding an existing free library and rolling their own anyway, then how can we be sure that they wouldn't have the same reaction to a std::inplace_function after standardization? In which case, standardizing inplace_function would be wasted effort.
----
As a data point (albeit from a different sphere), we use stdext::inplace_function in a number of our code-bases. Where it's not performance critical, std::function still gets used, which is mostly an internal education issue.