Re: [SG13] Thursday's Telecon

From: Jens Maurer <Jens.Maurer_at_[hidden]>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2019 01:24:09 +0200
On 19/06/2019 01.00, Timur Doumler via SG13 wrote:
> Wait, but "issued" means that it was published in the mailing? Because the only way you can publish P papers these days are in a mailing afaik.
>
> As long as the mailing is not out yet, everything you see is effectively a draft :)

Since we're already past the mailing deadline, there is no defined way to replace
the P paper you (hopefully) submitted to Hal for the mailing with an updated one.

In any case, distributing a paper as a P paper causes an expectation that this
sequence of bytes will also appear in the next mailing. The only time a P paper
should appear well before the next mailing deadline is when uploading a paper
approved by LWG or CWG, as appropriate, to the straw polls wiki page of a
meeting. (Papers on the straw polls page are auto-submitted for the post-
meeting mailing.)

In all other cases, please make it a D paper, which you can update as many
times as you wish. If you do make updates, you should submit the resulting
(multi-) updated paper for the next mailing as a P paper for the permanent
record.

Oh, and for the avoidance of doubt, Rx revision numbers should only increase
just after the P paper with the previous revision was submitted,
such that the ensuing D paper already has the next revision number, in
preparation for the eventual P submission.

In order to identify sub-revisions of D papers, consider updating the
date aggressively.

Instead of attaching to e-mail, consider uploading draft papers to the subgroup
wiki page for the next meeting.

Thanks,
Jens