Re: [SG13] Minutes from Zoom call 2019-05-28

From: Rene Rivera <grafikrobot_at_[hidden]>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2019 14:10:03 -0500
Thanks you for the minutes..

On Thu, May 30, 2019 at 2:10 AM Roger Orr via SG13 <sg13_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

> RO: Two different sorts of feedback are required: the wider question
> that what we discuss in SG gets acceptance further down the pipeline.
> It's a broader question than just SG13.
>
> RO: It's part of the problem of our success and having so much going on
> in parallel. There has been more expert feedback on graphics than audio,
> but they both need it. The biggest problem is getting the graphics
> feedback - the Bay Area is hard to reach from companies that aren't
> supporting them. I'm keen to move on from this
> logjam. I don't know how likely assistance is but it would be worth
> enquiring. How much time in the Bay Area would be useful?

This is one key reason why I keep advocating for these types of library
facilities to be put forward from an outside publication instead of
directly to the committee. Obviously Boost is one of those avenues, but
there are others. I implore that for any HMI library proposal there should
be some considerable amount of industry experience in the library before
moving too far down the standardization route. Soliciting personal or
written feedback to a proposal is no match for the experience from the
field.

--
-- Rene Rivera
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything