Re: [SG12] SG12 meeting summary for Aug 10, 2021

From: Aaron Ballman <aaron_at_[hidden]>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2021 07:51:35 -0400
On Wed, Aug 11, 2021 at 7:46 AM Peter C++ <peter.cpp_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> I am sorry, but the date conflicted with my days at the family in Germany. However, wrt UB tabulating (http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/papers/2021/p2234r1.pdf), have you considered publishing such a table as an annex to WG23's C++ vulnerabilities standard? It should at least be used as input to (future revisions) of it.

It was discussed, but an annex is more along the lines of what's
proposed by http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/papers/2019/p1705r1.html.
Scott's P2234 paper is quite closely related work, but the expected
output from Scott's paper are potential changes to the standard to
remove or clarify the UB, while the output from Shafik's paper is the
annex enumerating the UB with helpful information. I think WG23 should
track both efforts though, given the subject material.

~Aaron