Subject: Re: Missing non-void return on some paths
From: Nevin Liber (nevin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2021-05-08 13:51:57

On Thu, May 6, 2021 at 6:47 PM JF Bastien via SG12 <sg12_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

> Compilers diagnose when functions can't be proved to return, and I
> wouldn't work on a codebase without this diagnostic enabled as an error. Is
> there a valid reason to keep this UB around?

How does one write an assert-type macro which, when it is disabled, still
prevents this type of warning/error? Because people do write:

my_assert(false);

to mean abort in debug mode, take my chances in release mode.

--
 Nevin ":-)" Liber  <mailto:nevin_at_[hidden] <nevin_at_[hidden]>>
+1-847-691-1404