Re: [ub] Replacement for standin for P1631 Object attachment and detachment

From: Jens Maurer <Jens.Maurer_at_[hidden]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2019 19:47:12 +0200
On 11/07/2019 19.30, Niall Douglas wrote:
> Dear SG12,
>
> As you may have noticed, the P1631R0 in the Cologne mailing was a
> standin paper for something better. I link now to something better,
> though it would hardly count as complete. Still, it ought to be enough
> for SG12 to say whether to reject this whole approach, or whether to
> continue work in this direction.
>
> https://dedi5.nedprod.com/static/files/other/P1631R0.pdf

Once a paper has been published in a mailing, never (ever)
re-use its number for something that is not bit-wise identical.

Since the original P1631R0 was published in the pre-meeting
mailing, please make this a D1631R1 paper, and feel free to upload
to the SG12 wiki for future reference. Keep this number
(but update the internal date) throughout the Cologne meeting, while
applying further updates (if any). Morph it into P1631R1 for submission
to the post-meeting mailing (ideally, that changes just a single letter
compared to the latest D paper that you distributed).

Then, rinse and repeat if you need further update cycles:
Make a D1631R2 paper that collects updates until the next mailing etc.

Do make sure you have a history section in the paper that shows
changes between P paper revisions (obviously, the D revisions
incrementally collect entries in this section).

Thanks,
Jens