Re: [ub] Draft 1 of Stackable, Thread Local, Signal Guards

From: JF Bastien <cxx_at_[hidden]>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2019 11:23:30 -0700
I think this is a generally useful thing to explore, but it definitely
needs to go through SG1 first because it affects the memory model.
SG1 spends a considerable fraction of its time pondering the progress
guarantees around signal handling, and it interacts with all the SG1
facilities in a pretty deep way (e..g: lock-freedom).

I'd like to understand the discussion of setjmp/longjmp. Why not talk about
sigsetjmp/siglongjmp instead? They're primitives built for this purpose,
whereas setjmp/longjmp aren't.

Right now signal supports SIGABRT, SIGFPE, SIGILL, SIGINT, SIGSEGV,
SIGTERM. You're expanding that list. It would be good to discuss this
expansion, as well as how your proposal interacts with existing signal
support.