Re: [ub] A proposal to define signed overflow submitted?

From: Myria <myriachan_at_[hidden]>
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2018 22:15:30 -0800
C and C++'s main competitors all either define signed overflow as
wrapping or define it as trapping. Some do both, allowing the
programmer to choose situationally.

None of these languages leave it undefined to allow the
compiler/interpreter to assume that it cannot happen - it's rather
unique to C and C++. Most of these languages are considered "safer",
too. The origins of leaving the behavior undefined are because weird
things happen on non-two's-complement machines.

Melissa